Get that INVIGORATED feeling!

Get that INVIGORATED feeling!

Optimum skincare is a continuous ritual that all of us should try and incorporate in an informed manner.

Before applying artificial, harmful cosmetics to our bodies, we all need to understand the damaging effects they have, and maybe take a step back. In order to fully nourish our skin and achieve sustainable, long-term results, we should always look to nature for advice.

The ingredients we choose for our scrubs have been carefully picked out and combined in a way that is most beneficial to your whole being. Learn more about the beautiful gifts of nature that embrace both your skin and senses.

Himalayan pink salt – Pure Gold

Over 250 million years ago, all the way in the far Orient, is where the pink salt first started forming. Once, it was a mystery hidden only in the Himalayan caves. Nowadays, people manually extract the salt, wash it and dry it in the sun. The noble folks back then even called it white gold!

Interestingly, pure Himalayan salt contains 84 minerals and elements that are almost in exactly the same composition as found in the human body. This oddly incidental internal form (or is it really?) offers an extremely anti-ageing effect as our body and nervous system achieve balance.

Coming from an unpolluted ecosystem, the purest salt on Earth will remove all dead cells from our skin’s surface during a scrub. The Himalayan salt granules clear the pores bringing balance and rejuvenation. Furthermore, the remedial grains don’t dry out the skin, but rather nourish it with minerals.

This type of scrub is also good for those who have acne problems as well as those who have a normal skin type. Acne is essentially bacteria and the pink salt creates an alkaline environment, thus working as a proficient anti-bacterial agent.

Shea butter – The Herbal Glue

Cosmetics have evolved from one universal cream to a whole range of products among which the shea butter stands out for many contemporary women taking care of themselves and their appearance. This ivory-coloured vegetable butter is obtained by drying and grinding Shae-tree (Vitellaria paradoxa) fruits that grow in western Africa.

Vitamins C, D, A, E and F found in shea butter help maintain our skin’s health and are especially important for the damage caused by excessive sun exposure. Interestingly, the butter is not so rich in the popular polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega-6 and omega-3), but mainly contains saturated fatty acids (stearic and palmitic) and unsaturated oleic acid. It is precisely this balanced ratio of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids that gives the shea butter its characteristic melting texture.

Furthermore, it slows the appearance of wrinkles, restores skin cells and delays the visible signs of ageing. Since it is a very occlusive agent, it creates a fine film over the skin that prevents moisture loss. The skin’s metabolism can then make maximum use of the shea butter molecules (fun fact: this is not possible with petroleum jelly and paraffin).

This African cosmetic treasure also has an anti-inflammatory effect which makes is suitable for sensitive skin prone to eczema and irritations. Its peculiar and woody scent is reminiscent of nature, that selfishly shares such wonders with us. 

Aloe Vera – Elixir of Youth

Due to its thick and juicy green leaves, aloe vera mostly resembles a cactus. The moisture-filled herbal remedy originates in North Africa where it has been used since ancient times. According to some historians, the therapeutic herb was one of Cleopatra’s favourites. Considering she pretty much invented the eyeliner and ruled a kingdom, we trust her judgement on this.

Known as an elixir of youth, a recent study conducted by a team of Asian scientists proved that the regular use of aloe vera significantly improves the skin’s elasticity and removes wrinkles. Additionally, it has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and is abundantly packed with vitamins A and C, enzymes and antioxidants. It helps fight off acne, dry skin and pimples.

Furthermore, the green marvel contains as many as 18 amino acids that work in close partnership with an array of compounds in our body. Although aloe vera consists of about 99% water, the remaining 1% is extremely potent. The hundred ingredients found in this small portion of its structure, in fact, work extremely well together (synergistically).

Don’t forget - green is the prime colour of our world, and we Aloe it Vera much.


Nevena Glogovac

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

You may also like